Thursday, January 27, 2011

sunshine?

There is one thing in particular I have rarely seen since I left home for Rochester, sunlight.  I feel like this town would be a trillion times more bearable if the sun would shine once in a while, especially now that it's winter it and snows every day...sad thing is, I'm not exaggerating at all.  It literally snows every. single. god. damn. day.  Before it was winter, it would rain all the time, and if it didn't rain, those same gray clouds would hang over this entire city.  I don't even understand how it's possible for a place to be so cloudy at all times.  It kind of blows my mind.  As if the constant gray overcast that has consumed my world wasn't monotonous enough, I'm also drowning in a town of bricks.  They're everywhere, on every building, on the ground, everywhere.  I mean...I get it...it's Brick City.  That's their thing...but really?  I don't know...repetition and monotony  drive me absolutely insane, so maybe that's why the constant cloud coverage and fortress of boring brick walls bothers me so much.  ...Or maybe it's the fact that I'm running on two hours of sleep and becoming increasingly bitchy and more tired by the second.  All I know is when I do finally get some sleep, it would be nice to wake up to sunlight streaming in the windows once and a while.  And for all of the nights where I'm wide awake, it would be nice to see the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment