Thursday, April 14, 2011

right now

Holy fuck. I haven't posted anything in almost a month.  Not that anyone reads the stuff I put on here, but still. I've been in a huge rut lately, but I think I'm starting to head in the right direction.  Not just with art, but with life in general.  I'm not anywhere close to where I want to be, and I won't be close any time soon, but it's a step.  When I get some time I want to put up some more photos from this quarter's photo arts class.  

Also, I went to NYC for the first time in my life last weekend.  I had such high expectations of glamour and fabulous people and bustling streets...the whole nine.  I feel like I have a love/hate thing happening with my experience there this weekend.  It's hard to describe.  I loved it there because it was such a change of pace compared to where I currently lived and where I grew up.  The huge difference was more than appealing.  At the same time though, I hate that city a lot.  There are so many problems it's insane.  I've never seen a homeless person in my life before I went there.  I've never seen protests.  I've never seen such pollution...dirt...etc.  Despite all of that, I probably had one of the best weekends of my life.  I don't have a ton of friends here, but the few friends I do have are fucking amazing.  I wouldn't give up that weekend for anything.

I'm going to be traveling a lot for the next month.  Every weekend to be exact.  Home this weekend, New Hampshire the next, and the next few are still yet to be decided.  I'm so stoked to see new places and get inspired and make photographs.  I'm not really sure where all of these new places and experiences are going to get me as far as my photography goes...I don't really have a set plan for things.  I'm hoping it can all just fall into place since this feels right at the moment.  Let's just hope I'm not wrong for the sake of my GPA since this whole weekend adventure idea is my final project. 

Right now I just want to photograph, see new places, laugh, and love. Right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment